Thursday, November 17, 2005

Dora smiles (almost)


Dora is the newest bunny to join the family. She is a Checkered Giant and was adopted from Kind Heart Rescue who took her out of a slaughterhouse here in Central NJ. My two Flemish Giants, Boomer and Cricket, were also rescued by Kind Heart from the same slaughterhouse.

Dora is a doll of a rabbit! She is quite particular in her habits and loves nothing more than for me to rub her forehead. She lives in my spare bedroom/office and naps beneath my chair while I work at the PC. She makes a great foot-warmer, although she occasionally tries to nip my toes!

She is adjusting to her new home well, after only one month here. She's learned our routine and greats me and my offerings of food and treats with leaps and shakes of her pretty head. That's just her way of being silly.

1 comment:

Simone said...

Hay Dora! I'm glad those folks saved you and your friends from the slaughterhouse. Not sure what that is, but it doesn't sound like a leafy green meadow.