Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Local Wonders and this reader's wish list for Xmas

This poem about a barn owl on the Birdchick Blog led me to explore our Poet Laureate, Ted Kooser, and this collection of his essays. I just started reading it yesterday, as my school workload is finally easing up, and have really enjoyed what I've read thus far.

I will be sooo glad when the semester ends and I don't have to *play teacher* for a month and will have time to read. Hopefully, I'll get lots of books for Christmas and will be able to take full advantage of the extra time.

Here's my wishlist:

The Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell
The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
The Bedside Book of Birds by Graeme Gibson
Peace Like a River by Leif Enger
The Ardent Birdwatcher: On the Craft of Birdwatching by Todd Newberry

No comments: