Sunday, March 19, 2006

Farmhouse table

Now I just need the farmhouse to go with the table ;-)









After much procrastination and indecision, our new furniture arrived yesterday - and I love it! I never want to have to pick out furniture again. I've put this off for more than 12 years because I knew what a pain it would be to find something that both my husband and I liked and that I was willing to afford. We found this gorgeous dining table months ago and fell in love with it. I convinced myself it was too expensive and not really practical - after all, it's just the two of us, do we really need such a huge table? We could probably seat 10 with the leaves in (do we even know 10 people aside from family?) I'm glad my DH was finally able to convince me to get it - I'm really, really happy with it.

We also bought an end table and coffee table for the living room - big news! We haven't exactly been living with milk crates in place of furniture, but practically! I think I may be missing some critical female gene; I am so not a shopper, and even less of a decorator, but I think it's coming along nicely. We're still waiting on our new couch to be delivered, but once that arrives I'm done. No more furniture ever! I have to admit though, that it is nice to have a home that feels *like me* filled with things I love and that make us happy. I just wish it weren't so difficult figuring out just what that is!


Momentary Rant: Blogger is sapping what little creativity I have lately; I'm having soo much trouble uploading images!!

5 comments:

Susan Gets Native said...

Ooooohhh! What a pretty room! It's looks comfy- a good room to read in.

BTW: I have been having trouble with uploading, too. It takes 10 tries until it finally goes through.

Endment said...

It looks so welcoming and comfortable

Deb said...

I'm missing that same gene; I'm not much of a shopper either. Nice table!

LauraHinNJ said...

Thanks all. The DH is already insisting we have Easter dinner. Ughh.

Anonymous said...

Laura, fabulous table! Do you mind telling where you got it from? Love it!