Saturday, May 20, 2006

Dora's gone to the Rainbow Bridge


My sweet Dora passed away today. The poem below is one I found in a nice little book called Life Prayers. I send along a handwritten copy with my bunnies any time they go to the vet's. It is a prayer for healing written by Elias Amidon.

Friend, you lie quiet,
watching the dawn light color your heart,
dreaming of healing for your hurt body
laying there unanswerable to your will.
You breathe deep and your breath has two sides:
inside and outside. You are on both, being breathed.
The future approaches. You will heal or
you will go back to being God.
Which will you do?

Oh by all that is beautiful--
May it be that you live!
May your body heal happy and whole!
May energy fill and delight you!
May we join the dance your presence gives!
May you live!

And if you die?
Oh dear self, by all that is beautiful,
Know you are Safe! Everything is All Right
Forever and Ever and Ever!
The most wonderful, exquisite, familiar
Truth is what is True, and welcomes you.
It will be very easy.

You lie quiet now, praying.
A great healing is coming
and you want to be ready.
The colors of your heart blend
with the light of the morning.
You are blessed.

16 comments:

Susan Gets Native said...

Oh, Laura...
Bless Dora's little heart.
Thinking of you.

Lené Gary said...

Laura,I'm so sorry to hear about Dora. Thank you for posting the poem. I'm sure many, like me, will tuck it away for a day we need to share it with another soul we care about.

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Oh, no! I'd just been thinking about her over the last couple days, hoping she was getting better! Poor Dora. I'm glad she's not suffering, though.

Peace to you.

Anonymous said...

"Come out of the circle of time, and into the circle of love." -- Rumi

Non omnis moriar

Dora will dance forever as the rythym of your heart. Blessings,

Sharon

Endment said...

I am sorry!

Anonymous said...

Oh Laura, I'm so sorry.

Susan said...

Laura,
I'm so sorry about Dora.

The Meezers or Billy said...

We are so sorry to hear about Dora. She is at the Bridge now, waiting for you. You are all on our purrayers.

Anonymous said...

So sorry for your loss...

Anonymous said...

I'm so very sorry about your sweet girl bunny.

Zeus said...

I am very sorry for the loss of your beloved friend, Dora. I am sure she is waiting for you on the other side. Until then, may her spirit always be with you.

PrincessMia said...

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss.
::purrs::

Jill said...

I am so sorry!! May the memory of her always bring a smile to your face.

Puggyspice said...

Simone sends you nose kisses. We are so sorry for your loss.

Pratt said...

I am very sorry to hear of the loss of Dora. I have had rabbits for over 10 years and a few have hopped over the rainbow bridge. I totally understand what you are feeling. Please remember all the wonderful moments and happy times you've spent with her. Greyton, Twizzle and Baxter- the Pratt Bunnies.

LauraHinNJ said...

Thanks so much to all of you - this has been so touching.

I think I've visited all of your blogs directly to thank you for your comments here, but in case I've missed you or couldn't otherwise find you, please know that your thoughts are much appreciated.