So I'm supposed to come up with a list of things you don't know about me. The challenge here is to make it entertaining.
- When I was 15 or 16 years old I decided that I wanted to join the Peace Corps and travel to exotic places and help poor people, so I sent away for the information packet and application, but when it arrived it scared the crap out of my dad and I got a talking to. I also dated a guy from Costa Rica for a few years and my dad was afraid I'd run off and be living on a coffee farm.
- I love green olives. Now that's entertaining!
- I'll listen to a song I like over and over and over until I get sick of hearing it. I do the same with food. There was a time when I ate tuna on wheat with american cheese for lunch every day until it didn't taste good anymore.
- I have hyper-sensitive hearing for oddball sounds. Mostly annoying ones that drive me to distraction. Like the sound the ceiling fan is making all of a sudden, or the rattle-and-hum of my car. My husband, Mr. Fix-It, never hears this stuff.
- I am useless with diagrams - especially in instruction manuals - I need a verbal list, preferably in number order, to understand how to do things. My husband has this intuitive sense of how things work that baffles me. I routinely have to ask students to help me set up the overhead projector so that they don't have to look at things backwards and upside down. Plus, this semester my classroom is *technologically enhanced* - but I still need a student to help me get my laptop hooked up so that I can use PowerPoint to teach.
So that's five things you didn't need to know about me. Hopefully, I'll be a bit more inspired tomorrow.