Thursday, September 20, 2007

Passage

Gliding like a tiny shadow before the tide, little more than a bit of wind-shifted sand, I search the place where sand and water become sky. The waves quickly erase my tracks and leave the beach empty of any memory of my passage. Days pass this way, the ebb and flow of life and memory, of abundance and heartache. With a note from high overhead I depart toward the southern stars in search of some other land and leave this piece of shoreline in the solitude of a late summer evening.

13 comments:

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Beautiful words, beautiful photo.

JeanMac said...

Beautiful

Mary said...

You're amazing. This is wonderful.

Jayne said...

Spectacular photo and words Laura...

Ruth said...

Laura's back with her beautiful writing!

Unknown said...

Thank you for that peaceful moment, Laura!

dguzman said...

Our own poet laureate and photographer laureate. Beautiful!

Larry said...

That was really nice Laura!

MojoMan said...

Wow...

Susan Gets Native said...

Know what I love about you, Laura? That you can be goofy as anything in one post, and then eloquent and thoughtful in the next.

Cathy said...

Laura - Susan just said it all. That is extraordinarily beautiful.

burning silo said...

I love the photo -- and the words. What a match.

KGMom said...

I
JUST
LOVE
THE
PHOTO
So, I had to drag out my thanks--it is so lyrically lovely.