Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Little toot

I roamed around for an hour or so on Sunday at the boardwalk in Point Pleasant Beach, but spent most of the afternoon at the inlet in my car because it was freezing cold along the boardwalk. Lots of people out despite the cold. The draw for me at the inlet there is the chance to see loons up close - I have some awful photos, but wont subject you to them. Point Beach and the inlet, especially, is a favorite spot for locals, I think because of the chance to watch the fishing boats come and go. There's a still thriving industry there and I get a kick out of seeing the boats and the interesting names people come up with for them. This was a favorite of the day.

5 comments:

Jayne said...

Awww... how cute! Little Toot was a favorite book at our house. You can check it out on Amazon. Sam would love this photo. ;c)

Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

My Johnny loved the book Little Toot too (also)! I've never seen loons except in their lovely summer breeding plumage here in Minnesota.

RG said...

Great boat shot and name! Here we have a little tug called "Pull and be damned"!

Mary said...

Hi Laura,

There's a little "thank you" waiting for at my place.

Mary

CatHerder said...

We walked the boards in PP last wednesday and it was 75 degrees and sunny.....who knew we would have all this mess to shovel today?