Thursday, November 06, 2008

Behind the scenes

I wonder if you're like me: inclined to play with all the toys that make noise, preoccupied with lifting up the table skirt to understand how the trick works, tempted to wander where you shouldn't, add various other forms of polite misbehavior to the list...

;-)

I'm not quite sure what I stumbled across here at the Grounds for Sculpture the other day, but it stopped me in my tracks as quickly as it tickled my imagination.

Can you imagine the fun to work in a place like this? Have characters instead of coworkers? Be able to tell a story by simply moving the frisbee player in front of the painter? Next to the guy with the camera?


At first glance it looked to be a loading area for newly arrived sculpture or something of a temporary graveyard for retired pieces...

But I couldn't help feeling as if someone had arranged them just so for the whimsy of passerby... like Matt Damon in Good Will Hunting... maybe a groundskeeper who secretly wants to study art history and tries his hand at creating a tableau from discarded stories.

Creepy! With pitchfork in hand, these two guarded the entrance to this place I wasn't meant to see. At least I don't think I was meant to see it...

;-)

5 comments:

Endment said...

How fun - my imagination is already to move things around.

No co-workers needed - well unless they are kindred spirits...

NCmountainwoman said...

That is definitely creepy. I don't think I would have stayed around very long.

bobbie said...

Must have been real FUN!.

RG said...

Ah the imagination can sure go with that scene. Maybe there is play going on in that building and these are various props, waiting their turn?

Jayne said...

Funny, but indeed a bit creepy too!