Match the client or landlord's statement with the social worker's inappropriate response:
1. "Um.. I'm calling because I got a letter from you that says my share of the rent is $16.00 and I don't think that's right because my income hasn't changed... I mean I never worked so how come I got to pay $16.00 a month if I've always been on welfare?"
2. "Are you my new case manager? I don't think that's right because Miss Linda never notified me she was going out on maternity leave to have a baby and why didn't she take care of my business first? She could have notified me I was gonna have to deal with you now. Can I talk to someone else instead?"
3. "Yes ma'am. I'm calling to find out why I haven't received payment for the month of January yet?"
4. "I just want it on record with you that my toilet is overflowing."
5. "My landlord is just mad because I painted the living room without asking her first."
6. "I wanna know how come you approved me to live in this dump?!"
7. "The sheriff was just here and left a foreclosure notice on the fence. Does this mean I don't have to pay my rent this month?"
A. "Right, well... this is the government you're dealing with!"
B. "Am I hearing you right? I must not be because it sounds like you're complaining. And did you also notice that I payed the outstanding balance on your electric bill?"
C. "Maybe the real issue is that you haven't paid your rent in 11 months! And will you please just stop talking for a second?!"
D. "Pay your darn rent!"
E. "Thanks for the update. Maybe you should call your landlord?"
F. "If I remember correctly, you begged me to."
G. "Hold on while I find someone else."
Any resemblance to real or actual phone calls today from clients of mine is sad, but true.
a return Visit
1 year ago