Friday, December 12, 2008

Portrait day

Somebody had too much time on their hands today (me!) and well, you know how it is with animals...

Half the fun of pets is the chance to dress them up funny and embarrass them. Luka is pretty good at this all by himself and doesn't need the little Santa hat to be a goof...

The wheekers were the most cooperative of the lot which is strange considering I hardly ever handle them. There's something odd about the texture of their fur that gives me the willies...

I know you hardly ever see their photos here, but Xmas is a special occasion, I guess. Note how suspiciously they're looking at me...

Freckles was just plain pissed off. Silly rabbit! She figures she's old enough and shouldn't have to put up with my foolishness any longer. If looks could kill...

Sunshine wasn't very happy either. What's with these rabbits? Where's the Xmas cheer?

Boomer wouldn't even look at me... poor embarrassed bunny.

Peeper the ferocious tried to disappear into the carpet. She's bitten me for much lesser offenses than a red hat.

I'm not sure there's any winners here... anyone have a favorite?

;-)

17 comments:

Susan Gets Native said...

I think Boomer's is my favorite. You weird human...putting hats on bunnehs!
At least Luka tolerated it well.
Yeah, you had WAY too much time on your hands today.

MojoMan said...

Wow, I'm feeling dumb. What's a wheeker? They look a lot like guinea pigs.

The Bunns said...

Mojo ... "Wheek, Wheek, Wheek ...." that's the sound of the guinea pigs around here anyway!

We are voting for all the rabbits .. thanks for showing us them .. how do you keep them so under wraps.

Maybe you are actually a homeless person in Des Moines blogging in a library and getting pix from Google images.

Ruth said...

Cute pictures but Luka gets my vote. He is such a handsome boy, even in a silly hat.

KGMom said...

Wheeker photo number 1--that side long "what are you doing" look!

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure all bunnehs disapprove of santa hats.

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Your Disapproving Rabbits are hilarious! You should submit those pics.

Luka is the clear winner. Make a Christmas card with that one.

troutbirder said...

Your right its fun to outfit the dog. My first Max The Wonder dog had a formal coat!

Kathi said...

Being a dog person, I have to vote for Luka the Wonder-Lab, but that first guinea pig photo is pretty funny. You do know, don't you, that if the pigs and bun-rabs ever unionize, they are going to band together and kill you in your sleep.

Cute pics!

~Kathi

Anonymous said...

Yeah, animal Christmas greetings!

I love the whole series of photos -- leading off with Luka, so friendly and engaging. Boomer's shot made me laugh the hardest after seeing all the others give you the "eye".

Wow, you have guinea pigs!

Heather
Wayne, PA

NCmountainwoman said...

I left a comment before and it got lost in cyberspace.

I love Freckles and the others. I agree with KatDoc...if you keep dressing them up they may band together. They all looked as if they could be out to get you for that.

Except, of course, dear goofy Luka. What a sweetheart!

cedrorum said...

I like them all. I forget how much personality rabbits have.

Anonymous said...

Love your dressed up animals. Poor Ruby despises being dressed. I left her in a sweater all day and she didn't get used to it. Sigh. I guess I'll start dressing my next rattie when she's a puppy. :)

Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

Luka looks pretty happy to be sporting a hat but the rest? I'd sleep with one eye open if I were you...

Mary said...

Boomer for me, definitely. Laura, you are such a sweet woman...why do you torture your disapproving bunnies like that? LOL!

Luka? He'd wear anything, right?

RuthieJ said...

Poor Freckles, the disapproval is monumental! A great post Laura!

dguzman said...

Definitely Boomer, who had the good sense and humility to just hide his face. Hee hee!