Thursday, January 05, 2006

My growing TBR pile...


I went to Barnes and Noble on my lunch hour today with the intention of buying a 2006 calendar for the kitchen. If I get my act together before the end of the year I'll order one of the Men With Buns calendars for my desk at the office to help promote the idea of rabbits as house pets among my dog and cat-minded coworkers. This past year I had the Hot Buns calendar and everyone enjoyed the new bunny photo each month, especially the July 2005 photo of my beloved Mr. Bean (ATB). Wasn't he a gorgeous rabbit!?! I'll have to blog about him one day...

Anyway, back to my trip to B&N. The selection of calendars was lousy, probably because they were 50% off, so I decided to pick up a few of the books that were on my Xmas wishlist that Santa didn't deliver. Mind you, I already have the pile you see above *to be read* so I really needn't buy any more books until I get through these, but I just couldn't resist. The plan is to limit the TBR pile to what will fit in that basket ;-)

I've added a button on the right to view my *incomplete* library at Bibliophil. This is a great site for readers to keep track of the books they own and have read. It is a lot of work to enter the large number of books I've read though, so I do a little at a time. According to my statistics, I only read 16 books in 2005 - not very many, but it was a busy year.

No comments: