Thursday, April 27, 2006

Dust off your cameras!

Photo by Nick J. Dunlop

The National Wildlife Federation recently announced the winners of its 2005 photography contest and is now accepting entries for the 2006 competition. This photo of a belted kingfisher is my personal favorite, but the grand-prize winning photo, of a great gray owl, is breathtaking. Click on the photo above to see the other winning photographs. Pros, amateurs, and beginners (like me) are encouraged to enter in 8 categories ranging from birds to plants to underwater life. The talent for photography that I see daily on the blogs I frequent makes me believe that many of you should enter this contest. Go for it!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

nice shot...so cute!!

Patrick B. said...

I love the Katydid nymph picture!

Jean said...

I like much all your photographs.
This one is particularly beautiful .
J'aime beaucoup toutes vos photos .
Celle ci est particulièrement belle !

LauraHinNJ said...

Thanks for stopping by Jean, but this one isn't mine. Click on it for the link to the NWF contest winners.