Friday, July 28, 2006

Horseshoe cove


The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be and that God wishes to see people happy, amidst the simple beauty of nature. As long as this exists, and it certainly always will, I know that then there will always be comfort for every sorrow, whatever the circumstances may be. And I firmly believe that nature brings solace in all troubles. - Anne Frank

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This has always been true for me. Even when it's a zillion degrees outside I go outside for short spurts to at least sit on the deck and feel the sun, watch the animals, and just veg. My boys (the dawgs) seem to feel the same. They too relish in the outdoors :) It's amazing to me that in the house they will search for the coolest spot and act like they are dying - even tho we have a/c, but once outside they will lay directly in the sun. I call it our Vit D treatments LOL. DH is certain we are all nuts, he hates the heat. Silly Wisconsinite - is that a word? It is now :))))

So glad the spay went well and there were no babies. Poor thing must have just been crawling with hormones. I am sure after she recovers she will be much happier.

Anonymous said...

This is so nice, and so very true for me.

Taradharma said...

a perfect quote for these times, this day. a big sigh whooshed out of me when i read this. bless you!

MojoMan said...

It's so sad and tragic to think she never found the simple peace and comfort she desired and understood so well.

Susan said...

What a beautiful quote and so true!

Anonymous said...

beautiful verse, one I can relate to so well.. and I don't feel sorry for Anne Frank. Despite her 'handicaps', they allowed her to rise above her limitations & she knew where beauty and solace lies. How many people that have eyes that can say the same?
She saw with her heart..

Lené Gary said...

Great quote and photograph, Laura. I didn't remember Anne Frank talking about nature. Of course, that was many, many years ago when I last read her work. Thanks for opening my eyes to her again.