Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Meet the new neighbors

I'm using the word 'neighbor' very broadly, of course, but these two eaglets set a state record, so I'm allowed to be proud! Their nest is very easily viewed and is conveniently located at one of the nicest county parks in my area.

This nest is one of 3 or 4 in my county; another is within a mile or two of home, but the exact location of that nest is a well-guarded secret. I don't have bald eagle on my yard list, yet, but someday soon I'm sure I will.

Photo from the Asbury Park Press. Full story available
here.

8 comments:

RG said...

Quite the story and good for those two guys! It looks like the Eagle has a ways to go to get delisted there in NJ. If there is enough territory and food, they no doubt will.

They are here in Washington State now, in fact, there are so many, more every year, they are becoming a bit of a nuisance. As many as 15 or 20 sometimes hang out over new mown fields or around pastures where cattle are giving birth. We have to hang out reflectors during certain times of the year to keep them from attacking the bunns on the deck!!

But they are magnificent!

Anonymous said...

Very, very cool!

bobbie said...

Hooray!
Lisa tells me there are two eaglets here, at Beaver Dam, too.
what a great picture this is!

Jayne said...

Oh wow Laura! Congratulations! How cool to have them so close to you. Lucky duck!

Mary said...

That's great news. Enjoy!

Carolyn H said...

Laura,

Aaahhh, what beautiful babies!

Carolyn H.

Dave Dorsey said...

That's way cool. I's a little early for ours to be making noise, but in about a month.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.