Monday, January 26, 2009

Winter playground

A couple iceboats on the river late this afternoon evicted the gulls from their usual loafing spots on the ice. Click on the pic to see how handsome he is - even for a sleepy gull.

;-)

I'm waiting for more sun and the big boats this weekend...

Some nice pics from yesterday can be found at
Red Bank Green. I stole a couple to include here...


I especially liked this silly dog chasing a skater...

and this wide view of the scene taken from mid-river.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love these photos and the two on ice . . . perfect (Love the lighting)

RG said...

Will The Rocket come out??? I hope, I hope ...

bobbie said...

Really great pictures. I love the dog. Bet he skidded all over.

Carolyn H said...

I just love the photo of the dog chasing a skater. That's wonderful. And it looks like wonderful fun, too. Great shot!

Carolyn h.

NCmountainwoman said...

Must be so much fun to be in such an open area skating with the city in the background. Very nice.

Margaret said...

What fantastic pics of everyone enjoying the frozen river!

KGMom said...

I agree--I love the photo of the dog.
When do you have the ice racing event?

Mary said...

I remember your fun last year! I hope you have great weather for this event. Your photos are fabulous, Laura.

Susan Gets Native said...

I was almost one of those boats today going out to fill the feeders....
slide...................whoa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!................................

Lené Gary said...

I've never seen anything like this. What fun! :)