Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Linda's shoes

"There's no place like home... there's no place like home," is my chuckled refrain at her throughout the workday whenever she wears them.

Despite my teasing, she knows I love those shoes and envy her the ability to carry them off.

It's not so much the shoes that I love as much as what I imagine them to say about her.

My personal version of shoe therapy is a pair of black converse sneakers. I'll wear them to work sometimes just to see people look at me sort of cross-eyed. That makes me a little more happy, somehow, like Linda's red shoes.

Are shoes an unconscious signal to a particular mood for you, too? A hint, maybe, that you're feeling sassy or fearless or... ?

9 comments:

Beth said...

those are some awesome shoes!

Beth

Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

My shoes say only one thing about me-

"I want to be comfortable."

KGMom said...

I love red shoes too--I bought too many pairs a year or so ago, and gave a few away.
Shoes--for me it's simple: Clarks clogs in the winter; Clarks sandals in the summer.

Susan Gets Native said...

When I am feeling ornery, I wear my hot pink Converse sneakers. They say, "who gives a crap what you think????"

:)

jalynn01 said...

I personally think shoes say alot about a person. The older you get the harder it is though, cause comfort always seems to rule. I love red shoes!

Mary said...

Yes! All according to mood - sassy or comfortable. Most of the time - Saucony.

NCmountainwoman said...

I'm not fond of shoes. Didn't even like my little Mary Janes when I was a kid. I own THREE pairs of dress shoes; black, white, navy. Oh, and a fancy pair I bought to dance with my son on his wedding day. The rest of my shoes say to the world, "Those feet may be big and ugly, but I'll bet they are comfortable."

Larry said...

They're nice but I prefer hiking boots myself.

Jenn said...

Afer three summers of desert living, I am seriously jonesing for a pair of red cowboy boots.

Such an unnecessary thing, but they catch my eye every time I see some...

SPUNKY!