Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Yoga with an audience

I arrive at yoga class at the Y really early so I can stake out my comfortable spot way in the back left corner. The lights are low. I can hide there.

So... yoga on the boardwalk, in broad daylight, was a bit of a stretch for me.

;-)

I very nearly bailed when my sister-in-law called at the last minute to say she wouldn't be able to make it to join me. Then I thought, "What the hell?"

I'm glad I did... it was a lot of fun. There's something really humbling about practising yoga outdoors, with the sky and the ocean at finger's reach and crowds of people gawking and pointing and laughing.

;-)

The class meets outside a little health food shop on the boardwalk and proceeds benefit
Mary's Place by the Sea in Ocean Grove.

4 comments:

bobbie said...

This reminded me of the pic my daughter put on flickr of her husband practicing "tai chi and the mountains" from when they went camping in Big Sur. But they were quite alone, and without an audience.
Good for you! The heck with the silly people who laugh. Do your thing, and enjoy!

KGMom said...

I'm just impressed that you do yoga anywhere.

NCmountainwoman said...

You go girl! Good for you and good for the charity. Yeah!

Susan Gets Native said...

Downward Dog!!!