Wednesday, January 06, 2010

How I spent my blog vacation


trying to stay warm

giggling into pillows

treasuring the magic of snow and ice

buying the world's most ridiculous bikini

reminiscing with shrinky-dinks and easy-bake ovens



waving back at colorful fish

sliding down snowy roads in my converse sneakers

feeling a little blue

spoiling other people's dogs

trying out the big bed



witnessing the sun decorate the sky at dawn and dusk

grasping for words

(triple letter and double word scores)

searching for a cell signal in the mountains

counting crows

watching quietly as children opened gifts



puzzling over cryptic sparrows and wishing for a better lens

meeting friends and family

losing myself in diamond dust and the enormity of the night sky

scandalizing a couple sweet little girls

(nothing too serious... don't worry!)

scoring an awesome set of horseshoes



celebrating the new year twice

(once with sparklers and banging pots and the next with kisses and hugs)

making wishes on a falling star

beating everyone at pool

soaking up the welcome heat of a fire

seeing someone i love look ridiculously happy

18 comments:

Bill S. said...

I love the picture of the sunset - beautiful colors. Good to have you back.

KGMom said...

Sounds like a wonderful way to spend a blogging vacation.

RG said...

Banging pots at New Year .. yes!

(BL won't let me do that anymore
:<( .................)

Beth said...

Missed you. Welcome back - it sounds like you had a wonderful break.

bobbie said...

It sounds like a truly beautiful vacation. Happy for you.

NCmountainwoman said...

Wonderful and fun way to spend a vacation, although I'm not so sure about the Converse Allstars in the snow!

jason said...

Sounds like a delightful and fulfilling way to spend a break!

robin andrea said...

Living poetry. Beautiful skies and more.

Maggie said...

Nicely done and poetically relived:)

Jayne said...

I'd say that is a great start to a new year!! :c) I smiled the entire time I read your list Laura.

R.Powers said...

What a great list! So much variety!

Anonymous said...

Sounds good to me. And, it seems to have been good for you.

I love that sunrise shot. The clouds are stunning.

silverlight said...

sounds like the best way to spoil yourself. Lovely pics.

MevetS said...

Magical.

Nice. Very nice.

Cathy said...

Dear Laura,

I'm sneaking in the back door here.

On quietly checking in on long-neglected blogging friends, I made my way to Bev's Journey to the Center - and there you were - consoling her with tender understanding.

Life is such a mystery. The imponderable pain and beauty.

Happy New Year dear.

Don't, don't, don't stop at my pathetic blog. I've been so negligent for so long and don't deserve the attention. Give me a few months to earn the smiles and nods.

Mary said...

Cathy stopped by and reminded me that I need to visit my favorite blogging friends. She's so wise...

Laura, I love your blogging vacation. I love it all!

Mary

MojoMan said...

What, no photo of the bikini?

dguzman said...

Hear, hear, MojoMan!

Is that a White-throated?